PRESS RELEASE - For Immediate Release.
Saint Louis — Wednesday, April 24, 2019 — Today Fabricatorz Foundation’s O.N.G. invented a new model for how to fund artists called a “break-in”. O.N.G., pronounced Only Next Generation, announced that the upcoming O.N.G.2 on Saturday, April 27 is the first application of the “break-in” model for connecting artists with patrons and funding through grants selected on the night of the event.
O.N.G. Released the following “break-in” specification:
Donate Art. Buy Ticket. Fund Grant.
O.N.G.2 is the first BREAK-IN, a model whereby people must break into the space for collaboration for a One Night Gathering. There are three ways to BREAK-IN to the O.N.G.2 art economy:
🖼️ I am an Artist: Donate Art.
- Bring Artwork.
- Get Access.
- Receive Grant.
🎟 I want an Experience: Buy Ticket.
- Buy Access.
- Experience Music
- Experience Artwork.
- $10 (online) (OR) $12 (door).
💵 I am a Patron: Fund Grants.
- Support Artists.
- Decide Grantees.
- Get Art.
- $314+ (online/on-site)
- 09.00pm DOORS Open + Artwork Placement Begins
- 09.00pm T.J.MAXXX (debut sets by Tj Hughes & Real Boy Eternity)
- 10.00pm Failed Shape (debut performance)
- 10.45pm DJ Taye (Teklife/Chicago)
- 11.00pm Artwork Placement ENDS (artwork entry ends)
- 12.00am GRANTS ANNOUNCED
- 12.45am GRRL (NTS/Durham)
- 12.45am Biota DJ Crew - Ekse/Namatamago/Jake Leech (STL)
- Designed by Tj Hughes, Ann Johnson, Maxwell Foley, Justin Enoch & Breakerspace Artists.
- Artwork Curated by Barry Threw
- Music Curated by Tyler Mathews
- What type of Artwork? Any type you may justify, including broadly Music and performance. But note, live performance must be done during the event and music will be playing.
- Bring your artwork to the door for review by art critics from either 1-6pm during Breakerpsace at Biota or at the door from 9pm until 11 pm.
- Ranked grant payouts from the pool will be decided by the Patrons and announced at midnight.
- Art Critique at entry by Lee Kratzer, Sarah Myers, Jon Phillips.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive a ticket for entry and then may work with a curator on placing your artwork in the space for review by patrons.
- If your artwork is denied, you may rework your artwork or concept up to two more times (OR) you may buy a ticket (OR) become a patron.
- Artists are encouraged to come to Breakerspace on-site at Biota in Laclede’s Landing from 1-6 PM in order to work on projects alongside experience designers Tj Hughes, Ann Johnshon, Maxwell Foley, Justin Enoch, Jon Phillips, Barry Threw and Tyler Mathews.
- The first donor and patron for the O.N.G.2 Artist Grant Pool is Barry Threw.
- Each time someone becomes a patron or donates a specific dollar amount for the Grant Pool, the amount in USD of the Grant Pool on the main page of https://ong.gg increases.
- You may donate here: https://ong.gg/donate
- The donors and patrons who attend O.N.G.2 decide how much is paid out to each artist, and every participating artist receives some payout.
For More Information
- Friday, April 27, 2019
- Biota, Laclede’s Landing, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- Optional On-site Breakerspace Art Making 1 PM - 6 PM
- O.N.G.2 BREAK-IN Main Event 9 PM - 2 AM
- BUY Tickets online discounted (OR) at the door with Card.
O.N.G. is a One Night Gathering. Only in Saint Louis. Only Experienced Once. Only New Music. Only New Art. Designed for the Night. Always Last Minute. Always Realtime. Only Next Generation. https://ong.gg
About Fabricatorz Foundation
Fabricatorz Foundation is a St. Louis based non-profit supporting creative technologists and emerging cultural practitioners with community-focused initiatives that drive innovation through art, technology, and culture. The Foundation is made up of a team who have led projects for Fortune 500 companies, A-list international artists, top museums, galleries, and educational institutions around the world. https://fabricatorz.org