PRESS RELEASE - For Immediate Release.
Saint Louis — Thursday, April 25, 2019 — Today, O.N.G. Records released Saint McLuhan, a collection of original music productions from St. Louis connected producers deth_bb, Realboy Eternity, EKSE, Paul B. Davis and Fluke Nukes. Interspersed with these tracks are samples from a radio interview of Eric McLuhan, the late son of Marshall McLuhan, who states that Marshall McLuhan’s media theory work began in St. Louis and was inspired by the people and culture of the city. It also influenced a famous St. Louis son, Walter Ong, a graduate student of McLuhan’s, a Jesuit priest and media theorist, in his own right. O.N.G. is named after Walter Ong.
To celebrate the upcoming O.N.G.2 and the release of Saint McLuhan are 7 acts:
(1) Saint McLuhan’s 7 tracks are released now:
(2) Saint McLuhan is the first release in a new partnership between the McLuhan Institute, O.N.G. Records, and Fabricatorz Foundation.
(3) Release of an Interview of Eric McLuhan, son of Marshall McLuhan, about his father and their St. Louis connection. The interview is cut into 11 Samples for fair use.
(4) The Disquiet Junto launches Project 0382: Understanding McLuhan. Junto is an assignment for music producers to follow a prompt and share their work publicly. The Assignment this week: Create an original piece of music employing one or more of the Eric McLuhan Interview Samples. Consider the theme of “media ecology” as you do so.
(5) Any Junto 0382 Participant receives a VIP pass to O.N.G.2 on Saturday, April 27 in St. Louis. Let us know you are coming:
(6) On Saturday April 27 from 1-6 PM during O.N.G.2 Breakerspace, a Wikipedia Art&Technology EDIT-PARTY is being held to connect these unearthed documents from media ecology with media history, on Wikipedia.
(7) Free Pre-event tonite April 25 & Free O.N.G.2 Poster. Tonite in St. Louis is Bruxism 38 featuring Ian Cunningham who uses deep learning to create sound and video. Ian was just added to O.N.G.2 today as an artist and will be creating a visual installation at O.N.G.2. Please do go see him tonite and pickup a free limited edition O.N.G.2 Poster. Schlafly Taproom, Downtown, 9-11:30 PM.
O.N.G. is a One Night Gathering. Only in Saint Louis. Only Experienced Once. Only New Music. Only New Art. Designed for the Night. Always Last Minute. Always Realtime. Only Next Generation.
About Fabricatorz Foundation
Fabricatorz Foundation is a St. Louis based non-profit supporting creative technologists and emerging cultural practitioners with community-focused initiatives that drive innovation through art, technology, and culture. The Foundation is made up of a team who have led projects for Fortune 500 companies, A-list international artists, top museums, galleries, and educational institutions around the world.
About Mcluhan institute
The McLuhan Institute (TMI) continues the work Marshall McLuhan and Eric McLuhan began in understanding the nature of media. TMI is a growing archive, museum, centre for learning and exploration, refuge and incubator for all kinds of arts. It is the home of McLuhan studies, located in Prince Edward County, Ontario. Visit
About Disquiet Junto
Each Thursday in the Disquiet Junto group, a new compositional challenge is set before the group’s members, who then have just over four days to upload a track in response to the assignment. Membership in the Junto is open: just join and participate. (A SoundCloud account is helpful but not required.) There’s no pressure to do every project. It’s weekly so that you know it’s there, every Thursday through Monday, when you have the time.